SBE: CREATIVE ONLINE WRITING ENTRIES

2) POETRY

By: Wan Syahidatul Faeizah Binti Wan Daud


Poetry

TITLE: “SIMPLY A TEACHER”


"Oh, you're simply a teacher anyhow,"

I overheard what you said the other day.

“You have a great time laughing and games all day,

You're free at 2.00, and you've got to go off.",

Then you gently snickered and scoffed.


It’s pathetic to tell that you actually don’t get it,

Sure, I had a good time laughing and games all day,

Because learning is joyful, and that’s simply my way,

And at 2 I’d snicker gently and even scoff,

My paycheck, unfortunately, does, but I do not.


But, you see, alright sir, madam, miss,

Being a teacher is more than just this.


I simply educate your shield to read and write,

To simply explore and question,

To simply think and be bright,

and I simply fry their tears when they're having a terrible day,

I’m simply there in any way.


Your most valuable assets are deserving of a lot,

And simply a teacher, I dare you to look a little closer.

Being simply a teacher doesn’t come from a book,

It comes from the heart and fully passion, 

Thus being simply a teacher is acceptable by me.



THE END
THANK YOU


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SBE: CREATIVE ONLINE WRITING ENTRIES: REFLECTIVE WRITING

SBE: CREATIVE ONLINE WRITING ENTRIES: NARRATIVE WRITING