SBE: CREATIVE ONLINE WRITING ENTRIES: REFLECTIVE WRITING

SBE: CREATIVE ONLINE WRITING ENTRIES

1) REFLECTIVE WRITING

By: Wan Syahidatul Faeizah Bt. Wan Daud. 


Reflective Writing

My third School-Based Experience (SBE) has already come to an end. The captivating week has flown by. I recalled myself, the night before the day I started to do the SBE program, I felt overwhelmed with nerves and excitement.  In retrospect, I should not have been so frightened because I felt fully at ease and completely comfortable in the school, it just felt right.


As usual, in any requirements and job we do there must be strengths and weaknesses to ponder around and reflect. On top of that, my greatest strength that I noticed during my experience, I believe, was my vocal communication, particularly my joy with the smaller children. I've spent my entire life around small children, so interacting with them is natural to me. I was able to engage all of the students and keep them interested and optimistic by using my passion. I felt more at ease with the younger students because they kept me active and I felt like I could relate with them better. Furthermore, SBE has taught me a great deal, especially in terms of how to become a decent and professional teacher. SBE can also help me appreciate and develop my teaching career on a more effective level as I get to learn how to be and what to do when becoming a teacher in a real life experience.


Based on reflection I am able to detect the effect of every activity done. Besides, reflection also can make me adjust to everything that I need to improve. Reflection also can increase the quality of the teacher and can improve the professionalism of the teacher. During my time at School-Based Experience, I took on all my peers and teacher’s feedback each day and would try to improve for the next. I feel that I made progress on communicating with all the wider individuals that make up the school. Each day I would make an extra effort to speak and communicate with most individuals. This made me feel more at ease and accepted as a professional in the educational environment.


Looking back on my time on the SBE program and taking all of the input into consideration, one area where I believe I need to improve is my ability to hold the attention of a large group in the upper school year 5 mixed ability final classroom. I found it challenging to get everyone in the room to listen to me using both verbal and oral communication because they all seemed to be playing in the back and not paying attention to the teachers' directions. I believe that because I was still a student, I was unable to raise my voice and use other forms of communication to get everyone to focus quickly. I was hesitant to raise my voice and change my pitch in order to appear authoritative so the kids would listen.


In order to overcome the problems, I'll build an action plan to enhance this for next time, taking all of my feedback and personal reflections into consideration. I'll work on changing the pitch of my voice and lifting it higher than usual so that everyone can hear me. I may also come up with a way to employ next time, such as raising hands and having everyone stop and be enthusiastic to engage and stay focused even if they are in a larger group in a classroom.


Overall, I had a good time at my School-Based Experience for this one last time. I learned a lot and became more aware of areas where I need to improve in the future. Moreover, I feel so encouraged to start my teaching career into a real world situation later. That seems to be difficult and it really is actually, but the satisfaction and feeling of happiness deep down in my heart drives me to go further and shine.



THE END

THANK YOU

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SBE: CREATIVE ONLINE WRITING ENTRIES: NARRATIVE WRITING