SBE: CREATIVE ONLINE WRITING ENTRIES: NARRATIVE WRITING

 SBE: CREATIVE ONLINE WRITING ENTRIES

3) NARRATIVE WRITING

By: Wan Syahidatul Faeizah Binti Wan Daud


Narrative Writing

        After my mid-sem break during my fifth semester of degree, I participated in School-Based Experience for the third time. In this regard, the School-Based Experience program for this time has been conducted from April 3 to April 7, 2022 and I personally decided to choose SK. Rhu Sepuluh to do my third and last School-Based Experience program. I chose this school because the journey to this school only takes about 15 minutes from my house.

        During the SBE program, I have made some observations about the schools I have chosen. I have done research on school management. The school has been well managed by four administrators who are charismatic and competent in ensuring the smooth running of the school management. The important positions in a school organisation such as the Headmaster, Senior Assistant 1, Senior Assistant Student Affairs and Senior Assistant Co-curriculum.

        Furthermore, the SBE program actually happened during fasting month. So basically there were so many activities held by the school for the students as to appreciate and respect the glorious month.  I also had the opportunity to participate in several school programs held face to face such as the "Opening of the Month of Ramadan" which was officiated by the headmaster of the school. Next, “Zikir Munajat” activities and knowledge sharing throughout the “Ramadan” which is done every day in the morning and the “Tadarus” which is recite the Al-Quran and “Hafazan”, remember  some short surahs contained in the Quran whereby this carried out during recess. The programs implemented are very beneficial and help in making students appreciate the holy month of Ramadan.

        While undergoing SBE program. I have entered several classes with the cooperation provided by the school. To be frank, this is the most exciting experience during my SBE. It is because I finally got the chance to enter a few classrooms and teach the students English.  Each grade has only two classes except grade 5.  What is more fun is that all the students seem to like me and have a great respect towards me. I think that was such an honour to get that harmonious teaching experience for the first time. The most unforgettable feeling was the moment when the students kept calling me “teacher” when they saw me at the school compound. This vibe gave me the sense of being respected and loved by students as well. 

        Moreover, I also had some interview sessions with the teachers of the school. The interviews were actually for my assignments where I need to observe and discuss with teachers about certain issues relating to the courses which are “EDUP3063”, EDUP3073” and last but not least this subject “TSLB3252”. From the fruitful discussion and collaboration, I could tell that I also acquired a lot of useful and precious knowledge that I can apply in the future when I get posted later. I promise myself to not forget all the advice and guidance that has been given by the headmaster and teachers of the school. All of the advice actually improved me  to be a good and excellent teacher in shaping and educating the pupils who are the future of the country. One of my unforgettable meaningful pieces of advice was to not to do any of the work in the hope of getting something in the end, but to do the job sincerely then in the end success will surely come.

        Finally, on the last day of my SBE, I unexpectedly received a gift from the school. That  was overwhelming. I also took the opportunity to take pictures with the teachers and have a farewell. All the teachers wished me good luck for my future and told me to come back to the school at any time. That was the moment when I felt so welcomed to the school. It was hard to leave the school. SK. Rhu Sepuluh gave me so many beautiful memories that I will always remember.

THE END

THANK YOU


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SBE: CREATIVE ONLINE WRITING ENTRIES: REFLECTIVE WRITING